I booked a hotel with www.IHG.com and I had to cancel my booking. Before I did the cancellation, the policy stated that if the booking was canceled before 19 JULY, 2013 there will be no charge. I did my cancellation, but the funny thing happened. After pressing the cancellation button, the next page shows "Reservations require full prepayment for the entire stay at time of booking. Fully non-refundable. Prepayment is charged to credit card between time of booking and day of arrival and is non-refundable. No refunds if cancelled or changed. PC Points do not apply. Must present voucher at check-in." This is totally unacceptable so I emailed them.
20 days passed by since I emailed them on 21 May before I get the reply. The guy that replied mentioned that I booked the room with the "restricted rate type" and I will not be refunded. This has totally pissed me off. I will have to pay for the room I will not be staying in although I made the cancellation 2 months before the booked date. Moreever, the policy that I agreed to before pressing the "cancel this reservation" button states clearly that if I canceled this booking "BEFORE 6.00 PM (LOCAL HOTEL TIME) ON FRIDAY, 19 JULY, 2013 WILL RESULT IN NO CHARGE."
IHG you should really change the way you do your business. I'm awfully pissed and I will never ever book with you again. I will make sure that anyone I know will look for other non-IHG hotel. The price for the booking isn't that much, but the awful feeling I had is simply unforgettable.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Online Booking Website
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "Tucson! After years of saving, and a career change on the part of my wife (she became an RN), we'd finally arrived! This was to be both the first..."
- "I arrived in Macon on December 14, 2011 at approximately 6pm from VA to visit my niece in the hospital. My older sister had made arrangements for me to stay..."
- "Wyndham Worldwide, Wyndham Vacation Ownership, Fraud Validation - Senior Management Speaks- A Robert Paisola Exclusive 2012 SEE FULL NATIONAL STORY WITH PHOTOS AND VIDEO AT THE TIMESHARE CHRONICLES : http://timesharescamsupdate.blogspot.com/2012/04/wyndham-resorts-senior-management.html For..."
- "... and hold my funds for 180 days. It may be related to the fact that I reported a Paypal phishing site (which I considered to be the right thing to..."
- "i am now 2 days into my free trial which i signed for my gf, who didn't want it. i tried to cancel my free trial 2 minutes ago but..."
- "I bought a container of Gillette shaving foam and it exploded. The explosion completely ruined my bathroom and cost me thousands of dollars in repairs. The representative of Gillette who..."
- "I have bought a few items from Everbuying, and had no problems. I bought a cheap tablet and a couple of case covers for my cellphones, and that was it...."
- "Crook, Money Hungry, Delusional, Crazy and Ill Hearted Dentist. Long Track of Horrible Scam Records Ruthlessly Ripping Numerous Patients for Multiple Tens of Thousands of Dollars. Revoked License and Penalized..."
- "Xfinity on Demand is a total joke. When you go to find the latest episode of a recorded program, it's a excellent example of how much a company see and..."