Intercontinental Hotels Group - IHG and their incredibly awful service
I booked a hotel with www.IHG.com and I had to cancel my booking. Before I did the cancellation, the policy stated that if the booking was canceled before 19 JULY, 2013 there will be no charge. I did my cancellation, but the funny thing happened. After pressing the cancellation button, the next page shows "Reservations require full prepayment for the entire stay at time of booking. Fully non-refundable. Prepayment is charged to credit card between time of booking and day of arrival and is non-refundable. No refunds if cancelled or changed. PC Points do not apply. Must present voucher at check-in." This is totally unacceptable so I emailed them.
20 days passed by since I emailed them on 21 May before I get the reply. The guy that replied mentioned that I booked the room with the "restricted rate type" and I will not be refunded. This has totally pissed me off. I will have to pay for the room I will not be staying in although I made the cancellation 2 months before the booked date. Moreever, the policy that I agreed to before pressing the "cancel this reservation" button states clearly that if I canceled this booking "BEFORE 6.00 PM (LOCAL HOTEL TIME) ON FRIDAY, 19 JULY, 2013 WILL RESULT IN NO CHARGE."
IHG you should really change the way you do your business. I'm awfully pissed and I will never ever book with you again. I will make sure that anyone I know will look for other non-IHG hotel. The price for the booking isn't that much, but the awful feeling I had is simply unforgettable.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Online Booking Website
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "Timeshare owners beware! According to the FTC, numerous state attorney generals, BBB and other trusted sources, timeshare owners and consumers going on timeshare presentations are under attack. Anyone who has..."
- "This is an update to the complaint against Panther Knob Cottage Rental, owner Susan Bates As of this date January 13, 2015 nothing has been resolved!! But this is business..."
- "In November 2013 I stayed at the MANHATTAN CLUB, One bedroom-two bath unit 1516. This unit possessed all of the 'boutique' features: broken closets handle and kitchen light, a sofa..."
- "When my wife and I arrived at Villa del palmar, Edgar was there and ready to help up check in and find our room. The room was very clean and..."
- "Gregory Jones, Southlake Texas is seeking investors but only take your money! He takes investment and does nothing but file law papers to steal your money! He is a scammer!..."
- "I ordered a "Deluxe" funeral spray, shown. Their website said the Deluxe was what was pictured. I paid $107. I accidentally put "Jr." after my brother's name (my Dad was..."
- "I ordered a flashlight made by Jetfast and certified for use in the Oil, gas and mining industry. Electrical items made for this industry have to be made to..."
- "I bought a container of Gillette shaving foam and it exploded. The explosion completely ruined my bathroom and cost me thousands of dollars in repairs. The representative of Gillette who..."
- "Dayum, You fked up. Been in Business long? What would you have done if Hillary won? Big sign out front saying, If you voted Trump And try to eat here. we will spit..."