Intercontinental Hotels Group - IHG and their incredibly awful service
I booked a hotel with www.IHG.com and I had to cancel my booking. Before I did the cancellation, the policy stated that if the booking was canceled before 19 JULY, 2013 there will be no charge. I did my cancellation, but the funny thing happened. After pressing the cancellation button, the next page shows "Reservations require full prepayment for the entire stay at time of booking. Fully non-refundable. Prepayment is charged to credit card between time of booking and day of arrival and is non-refundable. No refunds if cancelled or changed. PC Points do not apply. Must present voucher at check-in." This is totally unacceptable so I emailed them.
20 days passed by since I emailed them on 21 May before I get the reply. The guy that replied mentioned that I booked the room with the "restricted rate type" and I will not be refunded. This has totally pissed me off. I will have to pay for the room I will not be staying in although I made the cancellation 2 months before the booked date. Moreever, the policy that I agreed to before pressing the "cancel this reservation" button states clearly that if I canceled this booking "BEFORE 6.00 PM (LOCAL HOTEL TIME) ON FRIDAY, 19 JULY, 2013 WILL RESULT IN NO CHARGE."
IHG you should really change the way you do your business. I'm awfully pissed and I will never ever book with you again. I will make sure that anyone I know will look for other non-IHG hotel. The price for the booking isn't that much, but the awful feeling I had is simply unforgettable.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Online Booking Website
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "We booked our "resort" in Myrtle Beach. When we got there we went to our room. Expecting something nice, I got a 2 bit motel room with no..."
- "This is an update to the complaint against Panther Knob Cottage Rental, owner Susan Bates As of this date November 13, 2014 nothing has been resolved!! But this is business..."
- "We stayed at Americas Best Value Inn during our visit to Ft. Jackson, SC for our youngest son's graduation from drill school.We have five sons and they all have been..."
- "I am residence of Thailand and regular customer to Toys R US in Thailand.On 22 Dec 2010, I visited one of Toy R US store in Beverly Center,Los Angeles, CA..."
- "i am now 2 days into my free trial which i signed for my gf, who didn't want it. i tried to cancel my free trial 2 minutes ago but..."
- "... and hold my funds for 180 days. It may be related to the fact that I reported a Paypal phishing site (which I considered to be the right thing to..."
- "Beware! I would not recommend Gateway Select Properties to anyone! The 'owner' Katherine Work is really a piece of Work! Do NOT, i repeat, DO NOT sign their faulty lease..."
- "These outfitters should be shut down due to unsafe practices and placing the public at risk. There place of business is in shambles, failing practically every code, they don't require..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."